PhotoCame Nikon Mount, for all Nikon SLR & DSLR
It moves the lens farther from the film or digital sensor. The farther away the lens is, the closer the focus, the greater the magnification.
This extension tube does not affect image quality as there is no optics inside. In comparison, a close up filters are often blamed for degrading image quality.
This extension tube consists of 5 parts:
Camera Body Mount Adapter
Lens Mount Adapter
9mm tube (Tube 1)
16mm tube (Tube 2)
30mm tube (Tube 3)
The more tubes you add, the closer the focus and the greater the magnification.
Made of metal (not plastic);
color : black
There are no electrical contacts in the extension tubes. Exposure has to be adjusted manually. Aperture control is not available if you use a lens which does not allow you to manually adjust the aperture (without an aperture ring).
ALL Nikon DSLR and Film SLR and Lens.
How to use:
Please note: when tubes attached, you need to do all manually, and it is important that you use lot of light.
There are some main steps how to use tubes:
1) set your lens to maximum aperture (recommend);
2) set-up camera and lens to manual mode, switch off and detach the lens;
3) attach extension tube between the camera and lens (look for red dots and align on mount collars; attach same way as lens);
4) put your camera on tripod, or better on rail system;
5) put object close to the lens and use lot of light (2-3 flashguns, or 3x 500w lamps, or at least 1 strobe-light, or take pictures outside in bright sun);
6) increase ISO, decrease shutter speed;
7) focus by moving camera further or closer (if on rail system), or use manual focus ring on lens mm by mm (very slow) until object in focus. Please remember that DOF (depth of field) is very small.
You don’t need to use all tubes together – you can combine tubes – shorter length you use, in viewfinder becomes lighter, but again not as high magnification as with all tubes together.